Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nightmare Quote of the day!

Picture this if you will:

It is Sunday (on Mother's Day) and we are in church.

I'm sitting there listening to the amazing talks being given by the Relief Society Presidency. They are uplifting and inspiring (and funny at times).

I'm also thinking about how lucky I am to have 2 amazing daughters sitting next to me.

Suddenly, Sam leans over and says:

Sam: Mom! I'm going to be 16 years old next year!!!!
Me: (Inside my head) AUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Outwardly I say (as calmly as possible) "Sam honey. You aren't even 15 yet.
Sam: I know, but I'll be 15 years old in 4 months. That means that in a little over a year I'll be 16 years old!
Me: Sam honey. You will never turn 16 years old......I won't let you.

At this point, I get "the look"! Gotta love the teenage years!!!!

2 comments:

just birdie said...

Been there. Done that. Didn't work!

April Bishop said...

My dad still thinks I'm twelve, and I've got four kids...