Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rodent update......




Well.....WE CAUGHT THE FURRY LITTLE THING!!! We went into the pantry this morning to check on our little eating machine - and sure enough, it was stuck to the glue board! (Thanks for the glue board, April....we will forever be in your debt!!!) Sam went into the pantry and came out telling me how sad it looked and how cute it was! (Cute??? Are you kidding me???) It was still alive and desperately trying to get off of it. There was no way I was going to pick it up and I was debating on going next door to get the teen-age boy to come over and get it, when Sam shocked me by volunteering to pick it up. I couldn't believe it! This from the girl who runs screaming and knocks down anyone in her path when she sees a spider! Anyway, I went out into the garage to get a small box to put it in and she got a plastic fork to turn the trap around so she could pick it up without reaching over it. (The rat was in the corner of the trap, closest to Sam.) She very calmly picked it up, put it in the box and took it outside. Whatever would I do without her!!

1 comment:

April Bishop said...

Gross. Nice work Sam.