Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dance Festival




Taking a break while waiting for the next performance.

This is all 2200 youth on the floor at the same time to perform the opening dance.

Last month I posted pictures from the Dance Festival Preview and this weekend (Friday and Saturday) was the Dance Festival itself. It was held at the Tacoma Dome and it was an AMAZING experience! The committee original figured there would be around 1500-1600 youth participating - but there were approximately 2200 youth, which included 11 Stakes!! I chaperoned Sam's group from 8:00 Friday morning until 9:00 that night and then Andy and I chaperoned Amanda's group from 11:30-9:00 today (Saturday)! We were all exhausted when we got home - but it was worth it. Amanda had to hobble all over the place, (due to her injured toes/foot), but she still had fun. This was an incredible opportunity for both of the girls. I wish you all could have been here to watch it. I am so proud of them! They did an awesome job! Experiences like this remind me of how blessed I am to be a part of the gospel. I love being involved in the youth activities and watching the joy they take in committing to and following through with their church activities.

In Sunday's local paper, there was an article about the dance festival. Here is the link for those that want to read it. It's worth reading - the paper did a great job with the article.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/front/topphoto/story/424942.html

No comments: